Getting Started- Applying for Admission


Getting Started- Applying for Admission

Returning Students

Students who have previously attended CSI, stopped attending, and are ready to start taking credit classes again should follow these steps:

  1. There is no need to reapply if you have taken classes within the past 2 years, you just need to log into MYCSI with your Student ID Number and password.  If you do not remember your ID Number or password, email with the following information:
    1. Full name (include maiden name if applicable)
    2. Date of Birth
    3. Address when last attending
    4. Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
    Someone will contact you within 3 days providing you with your information. If you have been away for more than 2 years, apply for admissions online. The online application is free to all students. Students have the option of submitting a paper application but there is a $10 fee. Once the application is processed, students will receive an email notification with their student number. If you have been out of school for more than 2 years,  you will simply need to re-retrieve your PIN number on MyCSI.  The PIN will be your temporary password for 24 hours, after which the password will update to your birthdate in the format, MMDDYYYY.  You can then change your password if you like, but make sure to store in secure spot.  If you do not remember your ID number to retrieve your PIN, contact and provide the 4 pieces of information listed above.  Don't forget to give an explanation for your request.  See example below:

    Sent: Thu 12/1/2011 4:03 PM
    To: Records

    I have forgotten my ID number and my password for MyCSI. Can you please send them to me?

    Name: John Eagle
    DOB: 01/01/1989
    Address while in school: 123 Eagle St. Twin Falls ID 83301
    Last 4 SSN: 1234

    Thank you!

  2. If the student attended another institution since attending CSI, they should contact their previous institution(s) and have official transcripts sent to CSI. The transcripts are evaluated and a degree audit is emailed to the student. Official transcripts are required.
  3. If the student has not submitted ACT scores or a transcript with math and/or English class, they will need to take the COMPASS Placement Exam. Students must retake the test if it has been over 3 years since they last tested.
  4. Submit a Certificate of Residency /Affidavit to the county in which you claim permanent residence (excluding Twin Falls, Jerome, Ada, Canyon, and
  5. Students should meet with their degree program advisor (link to advising center) to help select classes for the semester.
  6. Students are encouraged to register online through the MyCSI system. It is the fastest and most efficient way to register.  When you log in to register for the first time each semester, you will be prompted to complete a Personal Information Update.  It is at this time your most current information will be captured, but will take 3-5 days to update in the system. You are also welcome to register in person in the Office of the Registrar located in the Taylor Building on the main campus or at any Off-Campus Center.